Free Phone:  020 3633 5134

Equivalency Locations

GCSE Equivalency Tests


Book Maths Test
Book English Test
Book Science Test

Highly rated equivalency testing service.

GCSE Maths Equivalency Test

GCSE Equivalency Testing

The GCSE equivalency tests are often taken by prospective trainee teachers and sometimes by people looking to undertake other professional university courses like nursing. The GCSE Equivalency tests in maths, English and Science are required to enter initial teacher training if the applicant doesn’t have a grade C or equivalent in each subject. At QTS Maths Tutor we help people to prepare for their GCSE equivalency tests. We don’t just help with maths; we also provide support for the English and Science. We help with revision materials, exam booking, and additional support as and when is required. The video shows how the GCSE maths equivalency test works. The other tests work in a similar way.

Make sure you are aware of the difference between a GCSE equivalent and GCSE equivalency, these are different things.

Equivalency Testing Service

The GCSE maths equivalency test must be taken if you don’t have a GCSE maths qualification, but you want to get into teaching or certain nursing courses. Many universities now accept the maths equivalency test as an equivalent to a GCSE maths qualification, especially for teacher training courses, but you must choose your equivalency testing provider carefully. The exam consists of two papers, a non-calculator and calculator paper that last 1 hour each. The pass mark for the exam changes depending on the difficulty of the paper. There are some maths equivalency testing practice papers available but usually we would recommend selecting the course option to get access to the full content of curriculum. You can sit a higher or foundation maths qualification but it is strongly recommended to opt for the foundation, as there is less content to learn and overall it is easier to pass. The exception to this is if your University or SCITT requests a level 6, in which case you would need to sit the higher paper.

GCSE Maths Equivalency Test

GCSE English Equivalency Tests

At QTS we also help prospective teachers with their English exam booking and preparation. Whether you are looking for GCSE equivalency test past papers or online revision materials, then you will find what you are looking through our service. We also have specialist English Equivalency test tutors who can help you on a one-to-one basis, or for group lessons, to prepare for your exam. Through the following options you can both book the exam and get access to specialist equivalency test tutors. Ensure that you access the best and most appropriate support when preparing for your GCSE English equivalency test.

English Equivalency Test Tutors
GCSE English Equivalency Exam

GCSE Science Equivalency Tests

We help people to prepare for the GCSE Science equivalency test as well as the stand alone Biology equivalency test which is often required for those applying to a teaching or nursing course. The course is made up of Biology, chemistry, and physics material. The science equivalency test is usually taken by prospective teachers who are entering into primary or secondary teaching. For primary teachers the science equivalency is often mandatory over the biology as they need to have this base knowledge to help with teaching the KS2 curriculum in school. For secondary courses learners often usually have the choice of biology or science equivalency. As the science is a single awarded combined science GCSE, there is no disadvantage to having to take this, there should be no more work to cover than the single Biology GCSE.

Science revision cards
Science equivalency exam booking

GCSE Biology Equivalency Test

The GCSE biology test contains similar content to the AQA specification. From enzymes to evolution, there are all the classical topics covered in the exam. The Biology equivalency is made up of 100 marks with the pass mark varying from paper to paper depending on the level of difficulty. Like the other equivalency tests you can take the exam from home with online invigilation with most equivalency testing providers. The exam is usually taken by those going into teacher traning but also those looking to access teaching and midwifery courses.

Biology revision cards
Biology equivalency exam booking

GCSE Equivalency FAQs

How do I get help for the GCSE Equivalency test?2019-07-17T11:19:25+00:00
The Maths Made Easy GCSE Equivalency test service is a dedicated service that supports people in preparing and booking the GCSE equivalency test.
Will my provider accept this equivalency test?2020-12-12T20:01:51+00:00
The equivalency test we recommend is from the most trusted brand in the UK, MME. It gets more website visits and users than all of the other equivalency test providers combined.
Who needs to take a GCSE equivalency test?2019-07-17T11:19:25+00:00
GCSE Equivalency tests are usually taken by people looking to pursue certain professions, teaching being by far the most common one. You need to take the test if you do not already have a GCSE grade C or level 4 in maths and English. Some initial teacher training providers and Universities will accept a GCSE Equivalency test score instead of an actual GCSE grade.
What is the pass mark for the GCSE equivalency test?2019-07-17T11:19:34+00:00
It varies from test to test and whether you do the foundation paper or higher paper that some providers offer.
How do I book my GCSE Equivalency test?2019-07-17T11:19:34+00:00
You need to book an exam with either a University directly or an independent examination provider. You can get help booking your GCSE Equivalency test by contacting us. We help people with their maths equivalency test.
What are the GCSE Equivalency tests?2020-01-03T21:06:00+00:00
The GCSE Equivalency tests in maths, English and Science are tests that cover some of the GCSE curriculum and have an associated examination. They are accepted as alternative qualifications by some Universities if you don’t have a GCSE grade C or level 4. They are often accepted within teacher training courses.