- Practise, Practise and more practise.
- Take as many tests as you can, using numeracy skills practice tests in the same format as the real exam so that you get use to the timing pressure.
- Use model solutions to help understand the different methods you can use to help answer each type of question.
- Give yourself time to prepare. Don’t leave it until the last few days before you start revising for this exam and don’t use your first attempt as a practice run. Prepare effectively for the test the first time and try your best to pass it on the first attempt otherwise the pressure does naturally build.
- If you are still struggling to overcome the mental arithmetic section of the nuemracy skills test, you can always look to find external support in the form of a QTS numeracy tutor. At QTS Maths Tutors, our tutors are all experienced in helping students to pass the numeracy skills test and many put a focus on the mental arithmetic section as this is often the area that many struggle with.
Mental Arithmetic Section Tips
Professional QTS Numeracy Skills Tests and Tutors
21 NUMERACY SKILLS TESTS | VIDEO SOLUTIONS | SAME FORMAT AS THE REAL EXAM
Related Blog Posts
August 8, 2018
QTS Maths Tutor is the UK’s leading provider of resources for the numeracy skills test. The numeracy skills test is sat by thousands of aspiring trainee teachers every year. QTS Maths Tutor provides 21 online practice tests for the numeracy skills test, accompanied by detailed answer sheets and video solutions for each and every question […]
December 21, 2018
1. Begin looking in to what the test consists of, this information can be found on the government website, or on the bottom of the QTS Maths Tutor homepage 2. Get stuck in to a practice test, to see what the test actually formatted like and how you find it. 3. Purchase relevant revision […]
January 22, 2018
At QTS Maths Tutor we are the leading provider of numeracy skills tests and tuition. As part of our commitment to the QTS Skills Test service we provide, we are constantly updating our tests with the new question types that appear in the actual exam but also we rotate topics to put more focus on […]