What is QTLS? It is a teaching status, an alternative to QTS and stands for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status. The QTLS is a popular route into teaching due to the fact you do not require a degree or GCSE’s as long as you have the functional skills qualifications.
What is a functional skills qualification? A functional skills qualification is an equivalent to GCSE grade 4/C, it is a level 2 qualification.
Do I need a functional skills level 2 in maths and English to do my QTLS? You need either the level 2 functional skills or a GCSE C/Level 4 grade. If you do not have a GCSE then you will need the functional skills qualification in order to gain access onto the QTLS scheme.
Where can I complete my level 2 maths qualification for QTLS? Follow our partner services below to get the required support:
- QTLS support service
- Functional skills maths level 2 online exam
- Functional skills maths level 2 past papers
- Functional skills maths revision cards
What functional skills English support is there out there?
There is a lot of support:
- You can access functional skills English level 2 courses here
- To get the qualification you will need to sit the exams. You can book an online level 2 English exam here.
- There is QTLS functional skills information here.
Who is SET and what do they do?
SET is Society for Education and Training, they are part of the Education Training Foundation. You need to register with set to gain your QTLS status.